HS (G) 47 is a comprehensive training package delivered over two days which cover
what a safe system of work for avoiding underground services must take into account.
The course has been designed to be highly interactive with theory and practical
sessions on both days enabling a thorough knowledge and understanding of HS (G) 47.
Cable avoidance tools play a key role in the avoidance of underground services along
with other technology such as hydro and vacuum excavation. Therefore all candidates
will have demonstrations and the opportunity to gain hands on experience of using
Who should attend?
Any person who is involved with the planning, designing and execution of work where
the surface of the ground is penetrated from directors through to operatives, or
those who want to gain an appreciation of the dangers associated with underground
services and the techniques employed to avoid them.
The requirements of HS (G) 47 including:
· Avoiding damage to underground services.
· Underground services colour coding system.
· Substation / street furniture identification.
· Utility Plans & their limitations.
· Detection of underground services using cable avoidance tools. (CAT+ & Genny+)
· Detection of underground services using Genny mode with induction clamp and direct
· Appreciation of underground mapping technology.
· Safe digging practises.
· Practical coaching session on the use of CAT+ & GENNY+.
· Practical “hands on” demonstration of air lance and hydro excavation techniques.